Barnsley Football Club is seeking a motivated and diligent individual to work within the club’s recruitment department as a Player Recruitment Analyst. Using video and data analysis, the successful candidate will play an important role in the club’s decision-making process by identifying and monitoring potential players of interest for the club’s first team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce detailed written reports on recommended players using Wyscout video footage.
- Analyse and interpret the club’s in-house data system to help identify and profile players.
- Updating the department’s database to help track and monitor players.
- Attend live games to build knowledge and support the overall recruitment process.
- Present and discuss findings with members of the department and first-team coaching staff.
- Love for football: a passionate individual with great enthusiasm for the game.
- Desire to learn: an individual with a willingness and want to improve their footballing knowledge both tactically and analytically.
- Decision-making skills: an ability to think independently, rationally and critically.
- Outstanding footballing knowledge: able to analyse and discuss tactical and technical details in great depth.
- Excellent player knowledge: familiar with incumbent players and clubs throughout the UK’s footballing pyramid and abroad.
- Excellent written communication skills: able to produce thorough, high-quality pieces of written work.
- Data reading skills: being comfortable analysing datasets to help improve player understanding.
- Interpersonal skills: an approachable team player who’s able to share and receive ideas and work seamlessly with others.
- Independence: be able to work using your own initiative.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Player Recruitment Analyst, please submit your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Barnsley Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks. Barnsley Football Club ensures that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently. No job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, disability or age. Applicants must be entitled to work in the UK without approvals and have the appropriate documentation to validate this.